[CentOS] 6.1 .iso size?

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 09:08:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Monday, December 05, 2011 11:11:45 AM Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> FYI, the ELRepo project now provides kernel-ml for EL6 [1] that
>> includes a non-PAE kernel [2] (thanks to Alan Bartlett). However, one
>> has to create an install disk/image with that kernel to perform the
>> installation.
>
> This is good; thanks for the pointer.  Getting the install media built might
> be the only issue.

I've been running 6.0 on my 1.1GHz Pentium M non-PAE laptop.  I basically did
an install using anaconda to install to a directory from within C5, and then
installed a non-PAE kernel (kernel-2.6.32-71.7.1.el6.nonpae.i686), grubbed it
up and that works nicely.  As a one off that was easier than worrying about
respinning the install media.  It'll be documented on list exactly what I did,
I installed that kernel 21st August 2011, so presumably I mailed about it
shortly afterwards.

I have no objections to Redhat dropping support for hardware they're not
interested in, old or new.  It's entirely up to them, and I really doubt
they're inconveniencing many customers with this decision.

jh