[CentOS] JNLP app problems

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Dec 7 20:09:08 UTC 2011

Um, um, er... I didn't have java on my machine (CentOS 6, 64-bit). I went
to install openjdk; not sure of the correct package name, I did a yum list
\*jdk\*... and among the things I saw was java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin. I did
a yum install, and it installed openjdk, and a few other packages.

I think looked at my *running* version of firefox, and the add-ons showed
icedtea was installed and enabled. I went to a java test site... and it
worked. No ifs, ands, or buts, and ff didn't crash.

Thanks to the icedtea folks!

          mark