[CentOS] ZFS magic (was: Backup Redux)

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:31:57 UTC 2011

> My non-tape solution of choice is definitely rsync => box with ZFS,
> snapshot however often you'd like. => forever incrementals.
>
> For more redundancy and performance, add more ZFS boxes, do
> replication between them.

Not sure whether ZFS now makes this OT - if so, sorry for not putting "OT:"
in the subject.

Anyway, I have a ZFS storage unit here and this is my first exposure to it
so I don't really know about any of this ZFS magic that I often hear about.
  I'm sure I could google and find some reading on the matter but am
wondering if anyone has some recommended reading that is concise and to the
point, and will give me a good intro.