[CentOS] Netinstall wants to use wlan0

Jeff Gordon jeff.gordon at wellnow.com
Fri Dec 9 08:55:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 02:14:33AM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 03:05:47 -0500
> Jeff Gordon wrote:
>
> > Thanks. :-)  Didn't work, though -- those key combinations got me to console
> > screens but not with an actionable prompt.  I tried typing commands into them
> > anyway, but CentOS netinstall continued to try to talk to wlan0.
>
> By way of doing an end-run around the problem, have you considered installing
> from the Live CD instead?
>
> --
> MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
> www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!

Hi, Frank --

I'd be game, but looks like netinstall is taking exception to the ethernet card,
any reason to expect the Live CD would be more tolerant/forgiving?

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."