[CentOS] Reboot problem with Apache

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Sun Dec 11 16:20:58 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| Telnet into port 80 and issue a get / and see what answers.
| Look for headers
| --
| Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Yes, of course!  That's the most reliable way to check that it is the correct web server and not a trojan/rootkit!  Obviously, I'm being sarcastic, but anyway.  As this issue is fixed I was just asking the O.P. to verify that all was in order, not just that a web server was running, but which one and from where so that they could trace/fix it.

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
I will do the best I can with the talent I have