[CentOS] iSCSI best practices

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Dec 12 19:36:53 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 02:02 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/12/11 10:23 AM, Digimer wrote:
>> Shared cache is, I think, a single-point-of-failure.
>
> no, its done with replication over a private channel between the storage
> controllers.   standard feature on all redundant controller
> hardware/appliance storage controllers such as IBM DS series, HP MSA,
> etc etc.

The same (effective, if not technical) thing can be achieved using two
nodes with a dedicated storage link using RAID controllers with battery
or flash backed cache.

DRBD will return as soon as the write is committed to the controller's
cache instead of the storage proper, so the replication performance
should still be very, very fast.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron