[CentOS] dependency error with xerces.c ???

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Tue Dec 13 20:36:50 UTC 2011

On 12/13/2011 02:30 PM Lucian wrote:
> On 13 December 2011 19:17, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:
>> # yum update
>> --> Running transaction check
>> --> Processing Dependency: libxerces-c.so.27 for package: phc
>> ---> Package xerces-c.i386 0:2.8.0-1.el5.centos set to be updated
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> phc-0.1.7-1.el5.rf.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
>>   --> Missing Dependency: libxerces-c.so.27 is needed by package
>> phc-0.1.7-1.el5.rf.i386 (installed)
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libxerces-c.so.27 is needed by package
>> phc-0.1.7-1.el5.rf.i386 (installed)
>>  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
>>  You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
>>                         package-cleanup --dupes
>>                         rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>> # locate libxerces
>> /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so.27
>> /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so.27.0
>> /usr/lib/libxerces-depdom.so.27
>> /usr/lib/libxerces-depdom.so.27.0
>> # rpm -qa|grep xerces
>> xerces-c-2.7.0-8.el5
>> xerces-j2-2.7.1-7jpp.2.el5_4.2
>>

>> How to resolve this?
>
> You should ask this on repoforge/rpmforge mailing lists..

Thanks, Lucien.  This package is from the extras repo.  Does that make a
difference?

Also, I understand what you're saying.  But (and this is not to you in
particular, rather to "the system") rather than having to join yet
another mailing list just to report a problem... and then send an email
to everyone on that list, why couldn't the package give an email address
like bugs@[whatever_repo] to send a report to.