[CentOS] Perl package problems

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:37:10 UTC 2011

On 12/13/2011 07:53 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Vreme: 12/13/2011 06:47 PM, Anne Wilson piše:
>> To avoid similar problems in the future, can you give me some guidelines
>> for priority settings?  It seems I got it wrong somewhere:-)   Thanks
>
> It is not wise to have third-party repositories overwriting base
> packages. This should only be used by hand per package basis.
>
> I have created local repository where I copy packages I wish to replace
> and only that "third-party" repository has same priority as official
> repositories.
>
> RPMForge (now RepoForge) has "non-violent", or safe repository that
> *should not* contain packages that overwrite base packages, and
> "violent" repository named "extras" that is meant to overwrite base
> packages.

Thanks.  I think that makes it clear - it seems that if I see this sort
of problem again I have to look at repositories that are not normally
enabled, and consider whether to temporarily enable them.  Is it safe to
leave rpmfusion-free-updates.repo and rpmfusion-nonree-updates.repo
without a specific priority setting?  The various testing repos are not
enabled.

Anne
--
Need KDE help?  Try