[CentOS] forcing yum to download but not install

cliff here c4ifford at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:38:31 UTC 2011

Alan, if your worried about keeping an up to date repository locally and
consistently, then yes cobbler is the way to go. If all you want to do is
an update and save off the RPMS once.. then use the yum download only
plugin.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM, cliff here <c4ifford at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Which is why you should use cobbler because it does all that for you.
> >

> I actually just installed cobbler a few weeks ago and will look into it for
> this to see if it has a way to grab a repository without rsync
>
> --
> “Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV”
>         - Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.