[CentOS] yum update for CentOS 6.2

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Dec 20 21:19:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 02:58:57PM -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 12/20/2011 02:49 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> > On 12/20/2011 1:46 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> >> I can also verify this error/problem/issue. I had *just* installed a
> >> fresh system yesterday with 6.1 (which I downloaded the day before as
> >> the latest) and as of this morning I can not install any packages, and
> >> after running a 'yum clean all', everything else causes the same
> >> errors as the user above.
> >
> >      I should note, this too is an i386 system.  Which unfortunately is
> > now dead in the water because the packages needed to put this server
> > back in production can't be installed due to yum throwing a fit.
>
> For the short term, you should be able to remark out the mirrorlist=
> line in [base] and un-remark the baseurl=mirror.centos.org line until
> all the external mirrors are caught up.
>
> Mirror.centos.org should be ok ... I have verified the file exists there.

FWIW, I'm not having any trouble with my (now 6.1) system, installed as 6.0
updated via CR repo to 6.1, and whose /etc/redhat-release claims 6.1. when
I run yum update on it I get no errors (and no updates, either). This is
an ATOM processor, 32-bit, so it's running the i386 builds.

                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.