[CentOS] Heads up: corrupt ifup-eth script in initscripts package on 5.7

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn

dennisml at conversis.de
Wed Dec 21 18:55:52 UTC 2011

Hi,
after a lot of head scratching I found that the ifup-eth script in the
initscripts package seems to be corrupt.
I filed a bug with the details here:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5333

Given the nature of the corruption you might be not affected at all, see
strange error messages or end up with networking problems on Centos 5.7
depending on what you configuration looks like.

I just thought I'd mention it here in case someone is in the same position
as me and sees weird things happening when dealing with network
configuration. I almost questioned my sanity before I went and dug into the
networking scripts and found the problem.

Regards,
   Dennis