[CentOS] RHEV guest tools

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 16:26:57 UTC 2011

On Dec 29, 2011 9:50 AM, "Karanbir Singh" <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> On 12/29/2011 02:21 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >
> > Would this spec file (and source tar ball) built the proper package?
> >
> > If not, where would I get it.
> >
> > I would be happy to build the proper source for centos extras for CentOS
> > guests.
>
> lets see if we can get the entire ovirt stack done - its quite a pain
> building it at the moment though, but if a couple of people want to help
> - we might be able to get that in
>
> - KB

I can attest to the difficulty of that build.  I tried using FC16 srpms
against 6.1 using mock and I spent an entire day with no luck.  Wrote
scripts that would yumdownload srpms then attempt a build the download
missing deps and retry.  Got to the point where only one new package would
build then failed on kernel versions.  Though 6.2 should much more closely
match what upstream uses as I believe RHEV 3 will be released for 6.2.

Any idea if the full RHEV suite will be open sourced and eventually
available in CentOS?  Both the rhev hypervisor and manager.  Ive lost the
fight at my org to buy the product.

If you need any extra help with the build Id be willing to assist.  Been
following Ovirt closely.

- Trey