[CentOS] what percent of time are there unpatched exploits against default config?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Dec 29 17:45:37 UTC 2011

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
<snip>
> I like to use serial numbers from MB, HDD, etc., as passwords. I never

The one problem with this is that *if* the attacker has the slightest idea
of the hardware, their task is vastly smaller. I trust, for example, that
you don't use Dell's s/n/"express code"; Penguin, not having sold 5
gazillion servers, has the first few digits all the same, for years
(they're being optimistic with s/n's that long).
<snip>
       mark