[CentOS] Centos 6.X compatible to ORACLE DB verssion????

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Dec 29 18:57:42 UTC 2011

On 12/29/11 4:30 AM, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> Does anyone know CENTOS/Redhat 6.X compatible to ORACLE software (X86 and X86_64) version like 9.X, 10GR2, 11G and 11GR2.

11.2.0.3(I think is latest?) seems to work fine on CentOS 6.1, however
RHEL6 (and all versions of CentOS) are completely unsupported by Oracle,
so I wouldn't plan on using it for any sort of production where you
expect support.  there were some minor ignorable issues in install, like
it claimed the system is missing some old packages