[CentOS] what percent of time are there unpatched exploits against default config?

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Fri Dec 30 20:24:10 UTC 2011

Reinl,

On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 15:28 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> why do you not tell this the idiot who is argumentating against kyes
> and thinks using password-login is smart?

I don't like your tone. I'm not sure if it's me or Bennett you are
calling an idiot or both, but in any case you should mind your words and
try to understand the argument others are making before shooting off
your mouth.

I merely responded to Bennett's inquiry why a 12 char password wouldn't
be sufficiently strong. I believe Marko also made the point that it is
always arbitrary where to draw the line as to what you consider
strong/safe enough. I made my point why I believe using 9 to 12
character passwords is sufficiently secure for my purposes (I do not run
a military facility).

Now if you have an argument to make about that statement I'm very
interested to hear it. On the other hand, if you start calling people
idiots on a public channel because you think they do not understand what
you are telling (where it's actually you who seems to be missing the
point they are making) I don't consider you a suitable conversation
partner. You should understand discussions on lists like these are made
on arguments not insults.

Leonard.