[CentOS] what percent of time are there unpatched exploits against default config?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Dec 31 00:07:06 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 05:47 PM, Craig White wrote:

> to reiterate my thoughts... I still don't understand the logic of the list indulging the OP's rampant speculation of various causes when his first action was to eliminate all possibility to find out what actually happened.
>
> An apt analogy is to find out that your horses have been stolen so you burn down the barn where they were kept, drag the ground to remove all evidence of footprints&  tire tracks and then decide that you want to figure out how the thieves got in and made away with your horses.
>
> Craig

Because it is not only OP that is interested in this type of info. There
are many small-time admins (like me) that can greatly benefit from the
knowledge of the people doing this as part of their regular job. OP was
just the aperitif, already mostly forgotten :D

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...