[CentOS] LSI MegaRAID 320-2E PCIe RAID Controller

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Fri Feb 4 01:23:20 UTC 2011

From: John R Pierce Sent: February 3, 2011 17:14
> On 02/03/11 5:06 PM, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:
> >
> > I will reconsider the need for all three arrays and see if I can go
> > with the PCI-X cards.
>
> If this is SAS stuff, you can generally daisy chain a few trays of
> drives, at the expensive of total available IO bandwidth (eg, fewer
> SAS channels are being shared by more drives)

Unfortunately it is SCSI 3 (Ultra320) which, in itself, is "chainable"
however I believe that there may be a limitation based on the SCSI ID
of the individual drives. I will have to do some experimentation to
see if this is possible.

Thanks for your suggestion. It is not one I had thought of as I am
so used to limiting one array to one controller.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com