[CentOS] Strange Kernel for Centos 5.5

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 19:38:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> On Saturday, February 12, 2011 09:02 PM, Natxo Asenjo wrote:

>> Anyway, neither in windows nor in unix/linux you want to specify
>> permissions on a per user level. Always groups. If the user leaves the
>> company and the permissions are on a per user level you need to start
>> all over again. If on a per group level, just disable/remove the user
>> from the group and it keeps working for the rest of members.
>
> And what do you do when you have cases that a user needs access to these
> set of files/directories but not all the files/directories the group has
> access to?

If you are in such a scenario, then you have not planned your folder
structure well enough :-)

What do you do when you have thousands of users in your company? Do
you keep individual permissions or do you use group permissions?

I know what I'd rather do, specially if I need to audit that folder
structure.

--
natxo