[CentOS] CentOS 64 bit php 5.2 huge problem

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sun Feb 13 00:16:19 UTC 2011

On Saturday, February 12, 2011 07:03:59 pm Peter Ivanov wrote:
> My mysql.so is about 50K .. is that nornal

No; the ones here are three times that size:
[root at localhost ~]# ls -l /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient*.so.15.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1517784 Nov  3 19:54 /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1510224 Nov  3 19:54 /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0
[root at localhost ~]#

You need to 'yum reinstall mysql.x86_64' and that will get you all the files you need for that package, and the correct ones.  Just sending the one .so file isn't going to help your bigger issue.

You may have other problems; that's why I recommend running an rpm -Va, pipe the output to a file, and if you get similar verification errors reinstall the effected packages with yum reinstall.

Don't send the output of rpm -Va to the list, however, as it's likely to be large.