[CentOS] CentOS 64 bit php 5.2 huge problem

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Feb 13 14:17:26 UTC 2011

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, Lamar Owen wrote:

> From: Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 64 bit php 5.2 huge problem
>
> On Saturday, February 12, 2011 07:03:59 pm Peter Ivanov wrote:
>> My mysql.so is about 50K .. is that nornal
>
> No; the ones here are three times that size:
> [root at localhost ~]# ls -l
> /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient*.so.15.0.0 -rwxr-xr-x 1
> root root 1517784 Nov 3 19:54
> /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15.0.0 -rwxr-xr-x 1
> root root 1510224 Nov 3 19:54
> /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0

That doesn't sound too good. Is it possible that an attacker
has uploaded replacement libraries with an evil payload -
possibly to harvest your database contents?

Maybe running Wireshark on the corrupted system will give
you some clues as to whether data is being sent to a remote
IP location, whenever a mysql query is executing? There
could be *anything* in that payload to retrieve *all*
the data from your database.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites: