[CentOS] Security: gnome-screensaver VS. switch user

Always Learning centos at g7.u22.net
Sun Feb 13 22:01:47 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 13:22 -0800, Mark wrote:

> There is a third option, hibernation, which you did not mention, but
> essentially they are all more or less equally secure - they all
> require login password authentication to resume operation once the
> computer is "brought back."

This is definitely NOT the case with my netbook running C 5.5.

I shut the lid at a friend's home several days ago. I opened the lid
this evening and was presented with exactly the same spot on the web
page I previously looked-at.  The settings was Battery and Suspend.

No LURS, no password, no nothing AND I logged-on automatically to my
WPA2 home network.

I will try the hibernate setting later.

--

With best regards,