[CentOS] Journal Aborts in VMware ESX (Filesystem Corruption)

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Feb 14 00:03:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 20:28 +0000, Keith Beeby wrote:
> Also seeing this issue with CentOS 5.4 and 5.5 with NFS shared
> storage, according the the VMware knowledge base article this should
> have been resolved in v5.1 update??.
> Does changing the vm.min_free_kbytes valu  apply CentOS v.5.4 and 5.5
> as well to resolve the issue?

I guess we'll see [this issue has become extremely frustrating].

I suppose it is 'good' to see that someone else sees the issue as well.
One issue with virtualization is that debugging these types of issues is
an order-of-magnitude more difficult [virtualized OS, virtualized
storage, virtualization platform, or some interaction of all the
above... ugh].