[CentOS] java please help

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 08:36:32 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 07:40 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> But I'm looking at http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/jpackage/6.0/, and I'm
> not even seeing hooks for RHEL 4. Is it worth pursuing compatibility
> with that OS? Are other people using it?

Well all the source rpms are there.  If they will build under EL4 that
is another thing to see.  i don't think it would be worth the effort in
doing so in my opinion because of the age of EL4.  On the other hand if
I had applications running under EL4 then it would be an huge advantage
to me in doing so.  I would be trying my best to migrate them to at
least EL5 asap.  I would stick with EL5 and EL6 that's enough in itself
to keep up with.  Building for 3 different Java stacks (el 4,5,6) would
be a pita.

John