[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Feb 14 22:24:37 UTC 2011

on 2/14/2011 1:50 PM Morten P.D. Stevens spake the following:
> 2011/2/14 robert mena <robert.mena at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> Despite the mailing list and twitter I did not find any updated info on
>> either versions regarding the current status.
>> So, what is the current status of both versions? (like 60%)
>
> I wonder for a long time why there is no detailed information about the release status.
>
> For example:
>
> 1) Upstream 5.6 release
> 2) rebuilding packages (2-3 days)
> 3) CentOS patches (1-7 days)
> 4) QA (2-3 weeks)
> 5) distribution on the mirrors (3-4 days)
> 6) CentOS 5.6 Release
>
> A small roadmap would certainly help many users.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Morten
I suppose the CentOS devs have other minor duties like feeding families,
taking children to ball games and dance recitals, helping with homework,
etc... The dev staff is not large, and any time spent answering "is it done
yet" queries will slow them down further.

I never ask, and never complain, since I don't feel this totally free product
owes me anything... As a matter of fact, we owe the project...