[CentOS] Virtualization supporting 1000Mbps nics?

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Wed Feb 16 02:50:29 UTC 2011

I'm using the gplpv passthru driver now so it's using my nic directly rather than a virtual Realtek 100Mbps one and I'm getting much better transfer speeds - a recommendation from the Xen mailing list.
Regularly getting 120Mbps drag and drop to a file share on a 2k8R2 server a thousand miles away.
Was getting 25Mbps with the virtual Realtek.

--Russell

sender immediately.