[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

David Sommerseth dazo at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 16 10:31:26 UTC 2011

On 15/02/11 17:25, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> Let's see. 7 weeks after a RHEL release, we have:

For RHEL6, lets make that 14 weeks.  And RHEL5.6 got released 9 weeks after
RHEL6.

It's amazing how much smoother things would be, in regards to controlling
the anticipation *if* we could find some regular updates on the progress.

We don't need exact dates, but an idea of how the progress is going.  Also
some progress information of what is troublesome?  What is taking time?
How can the rest of the community help?  This information could be given
out even bi-weekly, and I'm sure it would calm down this tension a lot.

The whole CentOS release progress is surprisingly closed, considering it is
an open source project.

Is it really too much to ask for information on the progress?   And
frankly, these references below doesn't shed too much light on the situation

<http://twitter.com/centos>
<http://www.karan.org/blog/index.php>
<http://planet.centos.org/>

I'm sorry if I've missed some other more obvious places with more updated
information ... so if that is the case, please enlighten me.

kind regards,

David Sommerseth