[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Feb 16 15:14:51 UTC 2011

On 02/16/2011 03:11 PM, David Sommerseth wrote:
> If whoever wants to help out in a community project, and then see that when
> a task come and then gives a response that this was the wrong timing, due
> to other obligations - this is pretty fair response.

Not really. If someone says 'what can i do right now to help make X
happen' and gets a response 'do this please' - a fair response would be
'i'd rather do things like Z or A, and not this;'. I dont think a
response along the lines of 'I want my name in the list, I would like
early access' but am willing to do nothing to help is fair. Either open
source or otherwise.

> Committing to a community project does not mean you have the resources
> available for your disposal whenever you need it.  People committing to a
> community project just gives you an idea that people are interested in
> helping out.

To me, the idea of commuting to something is committing to something. If
you dont have the time or resource or willingness to really help, don't
waste other peoples time.

> Even though I do not know the background for this attack,  I do dislike
> this kind of personal attacks - at least in the full public.  I'm
> disappointed to see such happening here by the key people in the CentOS
> community.

its not an attack at all, its where things stand. Besides, Morten and I
have had this conversation in the past as well.

- KB