[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Feb 16 15:25:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 02:54:14PM +0100, Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:

> 2011/2/16 Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:
> >

> No, the sources are here:
> http://oss.oracle.com/ol6/
>
> And the RPMs:
> http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/0/base/

Note that, according to its FAQ, the repo is only the contents of the
install media.  It will not provide updates, not even security updates.

To further aggravate me, at least, if no one else, Oracle does not yet
(as of today, at least), support Oracle Linux 6 as a hardware platform
for Oracle database.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: Nervous?
 Xander: No way. I'm full of that good old kamikazee spirit.
 Giles: Xander, just because this is never going to work, there's no
need to be negative.