[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Feb 16 17:35:46 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 2/16/2011 10:15 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>> If we could hire 3 or 4 people (and provide any kind of reasonable job
>> security for their future), that might be an option.  Otherwise I think
>> injecting a limited amount of cash into the process just produces hurt
>> feelings and degrades, not improves, the process.
>>
>> That is just one thought ...
>
> Job security -  what's that?

I'll second that - what on *earth* is "job security"? Wait, wait, it's
coming back to me, from the misty past, y'know, like 25 or 30 years
ago...*right*, that's when employers would actually try to hang onto their
employees, and not let them take their skills and knowledge elsewhere, and
even, sometimes, paid them what they were worth....

           mark "hasn't been seen in decades (but management thinks
                  that they should get this thing they call 'loyalty')"