[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Wed Feb 16 20:16:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> Money is not the real issue. It is time, and more importantly trust.

Another minor correction: Karanbir has written on the list that he was
delayed by an HDD failure, so money is an issue IMHO.

As a rural ISP 2 miles east of the middle of nowhere with a budget so
tight we pinch nickels until they $hit $s, when an HDD fails, we hot
swap it out of the RAID array and move on, typically within 5 minutes.
 True, we have 4 GB drives that have been spinning since 1997 (hello
to Chuck Dahlem, head designer at Seagate in OKC), but that's what
life is like in rural America.