[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 Java Process Death

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Feb 17 08:35:34 UTC 2011

> I've been running our apps as purely as I can (java -cp
> /path/to/libs/* path.to.the.App) and they're still being send SIGHUP
> signals for reasons I can't understand.

So, to sum you have tried:
- with various classloading approaches
- various JVMs
- on various systems

I must say that I'm really puzzled by your problem. Especially since
your app sounds to be not very complex and does not use JNI.

I would do the following: reproduce cleanly the problem with OpenJdk
and submit it to the IcedTea project as a bug.
They may be able to help you more, since they know what is going on in the JVM.

Last question: did you always have the problem, or did it suddenly
appear? (if yes, after which changes in the app code, or update in the
OS, etc.)