[CentOS] openoffice & command line printing

Gregory P. Ennis

PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Feb 18 00:47:09 UTC 2011

Everyone,

I am trying to print some *.doc files from the command line with
openoffice on centos 5.5 with using cups as the print server.

I can open the file from the command line with open office and then
print it manually from the gui, but when I open the file and print from
command line I am not getting anything.

The commands that I have used are the following :

/usr/bin/openoffice.org -pt lpt4 /mnt/lp/document.doc
-terminate_after_init

/usr/bin/openoffice.org -pt lpt4 -p /mnt/lp/document.doc
-terminate_after_init

/usr/bin/openoffice.org -headless -pt lpt4 -p /mnt/lp/document.doc
-terminate_after_init

/usr/bin/openoffice.org -headless -pt lpt4 -p /mnt/lp/document.doc
-terminate_after_init

In each of these cases the command line finishes back to the "#" prompt,
but nothing prints on lpt4.  Has anyone tried to use the command line
options for openoffice and have the syntax as to how it works.

Thanks much for any assistance you can give me.

--
Greg Ennis
PoMec Corporation