[CentOS] openoffice & command line printing

Cameron Kerr cameron at humbledown.org
Sat Feb 19 01:02:01 UTC 2011

On 19/02/2011, at 3:30 AM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> Cameron,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion!!!!
>
> On my system that command results in printing the document on the
> desired printer, but does not return back to the shell prompt.  If I add
> -terminate_after_init  so that the command line is :
>
> openoffice.org -headless -pt lpt3 document.doc -terminate_after_init
>
> The above command returns back to the prompt but the document is not
> printed.

Ah, so it does... looking around, I see that it works as documented in versions of OOo before 3.1 (3.0.1 should work, and prior). You're certainly not alone.

I wonder if this will be useful for you:

http://www.oooninja.com/2008/02/batch-command-line-file-conversion-with.html

For further help, you ought to get better help on the OOo forums etc.