[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:28:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> On the initial pass through builder for c6, there are hundreds of
>> packages that need to be analyzed.
>
> So you are now saying that you cannot scale out this work to more people
> to release faster ? This is something that has to be done by Karanbir only ?

Unless we're willing to re-invent the particular wheel being used for
CentOS 6, apparently yes. By the time I'm done rebuilding that in *my*
copious free time, well, the time burnt on efforts that are awkward to
submit as updates or patches to the existing process due to its closed
nature is time I could have pursued a dozen other projects with.
(Trying to build ActiveMQ under RHEL for RPM bundling right now: that
is *nasty* work, it's worse than Perl modules with too many bleeding
edge component dependencies!!!)