[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Feb 21 17:36:17 UTC 2011

On 02/21/2011 11:18 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> Dag,
>>>
>>> The packages have to be built in a specific order, preferably the order
>>> that they are originally produced in, so that they can be linked
>>> properly.  Package A builds, then Package B, then Package C.  If package
>>> B is broken, it needs to be fixed, then Package C needs to be built, etc.
>>>
>>> This is not something that can be done by several people at the same
>>> time in parallel, no.  Not and be done correctly.
>>
>> Couldn't the process be wrapped into a matrix build in Hudson (or now Jenkins)
>> across a large farm of build slaves with a list of successful builds falling out
>> at the end?  For at least the set of things that succeed in one of the common
>> environments...
>>
>>> Seeing as how we are currently dealing with 2 trees in the QA directory
>>> for testing right now (4.9 and 5.6) ... 6.0 will be waiting until we get
>>> those out of QA.
>>
>> So you are constrained by workspace?  Or number of people involved?  And you
>> don't see that as a problem that could be corrected?

This is the last post I am making to this thread ... and maybe to this
list in general.  During the build processes, here are the files that we
have had to add (at various times) to get packages to build.  I have no
idea if this list is current (we first try to build without add anything
and test it), then we add packages if the testing says we need to.

*EL4*
dump: ncurses-devel

pidgin: python-devel

openoffice.org: ncurses-devel gdbm-devel python-devel doxygen
readline-devel gmp gmp-devel

openoffice.org2: ncurses-devel gdbm-devel python-devel doxygen
readline-devel gcc4-c++ gmp gmp-devel

bluez-utils: libusb-devel

fetchmail: flex libacl-devel kernel-devel libaio-devel

dbus: xorg-x11-devel audit-libs-devel libcap-devel

dhcpv6: openssl-devel krb5-devel

ImageMagick: xorg-x11-devel libxml2-devel

usermode: intltool

rpm: neon-devel gettext-devel ncurses-devel libselinux-devel doxygen

ctags libtool cscope gcc-g77

gcc: glibc.i686 glibc-devel.i386

gimp: intltool

kdepim: flex

enscript: flex

device-mapper-multipath: libselinux-devel readline-devel

hal: perl-XML-Parser

im-sdk: openssl-devel krb5-devel

gnome-vfs2: intltool perl-XML-Parser

frysk:glib2-devel gcc-java atk-devel gamin-devel libxml2-devel
perl-XML-Parser ghostscript-devel openssl-devel cups-devel

evolution-data-server: gnutls-devel

freetype: xorg-x11-devel

cups: libtiff-devel libjpeg-devel libpng-devel

gtk+: gettext-devel

netpbm: flex

grub: glibc.i686 glibc-devel.i386

openmpi: flex gcc4-gfortran

mpitests: lam-devel mvapich mvapich2 openmpi11 and openmpi-devel gcc4

boost: python-devel

net-snmp: rpm-devel

NetworkManager: libgcrypt-devel libgpg-error-devel

OpenIPMI: readline-devel

util-linux: e2fsprogs-devel

xscreensaver: libjpeg-devel xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU

xterm: libtermcap-devel utempter

linuxwacom: kernel-devel tcl kernel-smp kernel-smp-devel

squid: pkgconfig

vte: gcc-g77 gtk-doc libtool

zsh: ncurses-devel

dia: automake17

planner: python-devel

apr: gcc-g77 lksctp-tools-devel

gzip: texinfo

system-config-packages: intltool

perl: libgcj-devel gcc-g77

pcre: pcre-devel

ruby: db4-devel

gcc4: glibc-devel.i386

kbd: flex

lm_sensors: flex

ibmasm-xinput: xorg-x11-devel

sblim: sysfsutils-devel

coreutils: libacl-devel

evolution28-gtk2: gettext-devel glib2-devel

gstreamer-plugins:libgcrypt-devel gcc-g77 gtk2-devel pango-devel
xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU libstdc++-devel

evolution28: perl-XML-Parser scrollkeeper

am-utils: flex

nfs-utils: tcp_wrappers

samba: libcap-devel

xcin: xorg-x11-devel

radvd: flex

isdn4k-utils: flex byacc

gd: xorg-x11-devel

libIDL: flex

libgnomecups: intltool

cryptsetup: libselinux-devel

tftp: libtermcap-devel readline-devel

vnc: xorg-x11-devel flex patchutils

openmpi11: sysfsutils-devel

gnome-volume-manager: perl-XML-Parser

rhn-applet: intltool

thunderbird: ORBit2-devel libart_lgpl-devel libbonobo-devel
libbonoboui-devel GConf2-devel libgnome-devel libgnomecanvas-devel
libgnomeui-devel gnome-vfs2-devel libxml2-devel

seamonkey: ORBit2-devel libart_lgpl-devel libbonobo-devel
libbonoboui-devel GConf2-devel libgnome-devel libgnomecanvas-devel
libgnomeui-devel gnome-vfs2-devel libxml2-devel

firefox: ORBit2-devel libart_lgpl-devel libbonobo-devel
libbonoboui-devel GConf2-devel libgnome-devel libgnomecanvas-devel
libgnomeui-devel gnome-vfs2-devel libxml2-devel

*EL5:*
libibcm:libibverbs-devel libsysfs-devel

librdmacm:libibverbs-devel libsysfs-devel

libibverbs:valgrind-devel

libipathverbs:valgrind-devel

libmlx4:valgrind-devel

libmthca:valgrind-devel

openmpi:valgrind-devel

cman:libxml-devel

tzdata:java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel

As I said before, this is not necessarily a current list, it is more of
a starting point if something fails a "link check".