[CentOS] Air Conditioning - ON!

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Feb 21 21:08:43 UTC 2011

On 02/21/2011 04:02 PM, Ian Murray wrote:
> another six months and 5.6 another 2 months. Perhaps we have been spoilt by the
> snappiness of the releases in the past. Plus, rename to something that doesn't
> suggest enterprise grade.

You always have the option of paying for a RHEL license if you want
"true" enterprise grade Linux.

CentOS fills a niche; People who need a very stable distro while not
being willing or able to pay the Red Hat license fees. That it takes
time to release does nothing to diminish it's "enterprise" quality. In
fact, I'd argue that rushing it out the door would do more harm than good.

If you can't wait, go RHEL or Debian as you have. In the meantime,
please leave the *volunteers* creating CentOS alone. They will release
CentOS 6 when they are able to, and no sooner.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com