[CentOS] how to optimize CentOS XEN dom0?

yonatan pingle yonatan.pingle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 07:06:03 UTC 2011

you should have a look at your I/O disk status.

try with iostat -dx 5 to see the disk utilization info over time.
when it comes to slowdown on a virtual environment on a Desktop grade
machine,  i suspect disk I/O latency and bottleneck as a cause.

check that your disk is running at its optimal state.
look at some indicators , such the the I/O utilization averages,
server load averages
hddtemp /dev/sda will check for heating ( under high load it might )

in any case , you still got plenty of ram to spend.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Ian Murray <murrayie at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Are they paravirt of HVM guests? qemu might have something to do with it if HVM
>> guests are involved.
>>

> Uhm, I know that I should know this, but how do I tell from a quick
> glance? It's almost 2am in the morning here, and I'm a bit too tired
> to think straight right now. I've been reading up on a lot of forums
> and other google search results before I posted here.
>
> The VM's were originally created with HyperVM, but then imported into CloudMin.
>

> --
> Kind Regards
> Rudi Ahlers
> SoftDux