[CentOS] Standard location for hotplug-time hdparm invocation

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Feb 27 22:12:27 UTC 2011

--On Sunday, February 27, 2011 3:37 PM +0000 Keith Roberts
<keith at karsites.net> wrote:

> Not sure about hotpluging, but for the reboot
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local might be a good place to try this:

Googling turned up that suggestion a lot. But I realized that since this is
a backup drive, it would be more useful to do it when it's plugged in. It
seems like invoking hdparm from udev or one of its downstream relatives
(hald, etc.) would be the logical place.