[CentOS] Centos 6

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 03:51:49 UTC 2011

On 02/27/2011 07:29 PM, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2011, at 7:13 PM, JD wrote:
>
>> Any word on approximate release date of Centos 6?
>>
> Seriously though.
>
> Nothing wrong with asking.
>
> Its been discussed "several" time to an order of magnitude.
>
> No word, not even a peep, at least that I can gather.
>
> We're all frustrated in anticipation so I daily check the main page.
>
> Meanwhile, dl Scientific Linux and mess around.
>
> Believe me, when it happens, the moon will shine like Michelob.
>
> I dunno, just felt like sayin it.
>
> - aurf

OK, as a measuring yardstick: approximately how many
months after RHEL5's release date was Centos 5 released?
That might give people an approximate idea.
Currently, I have no RHEL installed. I just joined this list to
enquire about RHEL 6.

A  couple responses were in the good spirit of cooperation; thank you
kindly.

The rest completely violated the netiquet of posting to this list. No
one needs the replies of anally retentive people;
and that's my $.02's worth of violating the netiquet rules.