[CentOS] No ices for icecast ?

David Simpson david at aicpl.com.au
Sun Jan 2 08:01:29 UTC 2011

On 2/01/2011 11:16 AM, Keith Roberts wrote:
> I have followed this tutorial to install icecast on Centos
> 5.5,
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_webradio_with_icecast2_ices2
>
> but cannot find the ices package for sending the audio
> to icecast for it to stream.
>
> I would like to send the data as mp3, if there is a suitable
> program to do this.

I just went through this, and could not find a package for ices. In the
end I downloaded and compiled DarkIce (once the development libraries
were installed)   http://code.google.com/p/darkice

Only thing that caught me out, was that you need to specify the output
device in the DarkIce config file as an icecast2 server, or you get a
message about opening underlying sink error.

Now happily streaming mp3 data.

Good Luck

David