[CentOS] No ices for icecast ?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Jan 2 21:50:27 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011, Brian Miller wrote:

> From: Brian Miller <centos at fullnote.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] No ices for icecast ?
>

> On Sun, 2011-01-02 at 00:16 +0000, Keith Roberts wrote:
>
>> but cannot find the ices package for sending the audio
>> to icecast for it to stream.
>>
>> I would like to send the data as mp3, if there is a suitable
>> program to do this.
>>
>> Has anyone on the list done this on Centos?
>
> Yep, about three weeks ago.  http://icecast.org/ices.php , if you want
> mp3 you need ices0.

Well I have found a pre-compiled ices0 for Centos 5, at:

http://www.centova.com/pages/icescc

and it installs OK on 5.5

Installed Packages
Name       : ices-cc
Arch       : i386
Version    : 0.4.1
Release    : 1
Size       : 41 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : A command line source client for Icecast media
            : streaming servers.
URL        : http://www.centova.com
License    : GPL
            : streaming audio servers with MP3 audio streams.
            : It is based on ices 0.4-CVS.

Getting interesting!

All I need is a good tutorial on internet audio streaming.

That thing Google might help now ;)

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites: