[CentOS] centos 5.5 install + intel raid

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 02:09:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM,  <aurfalien at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Installing 5.5 on a fresh system having an Intel RAID.
>
> My 2 drives are configured as a mirror within the Intel BIOS.

"Intel RAID" covers a lot of sins. Some RAID cards rely on OS software
to do much of the RAID: they're jokes, really. If it's a real RAID
chipset, no Linux or Windows kernel should even be *AWARE* of the
multiple disks, except perhaps for some limited reporting tools.

Exactly which chipset are you dealing with? On what kind of machine.