[CentOS] Corrupted RPM DB can't be rebuilt.

Camron W. Fox

cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Sat Jan 8 03:11:43 UTC 2011

Alle,

	I have a major problem. I'm running CentOS 5.5 on some rather old
hardware (Dual Celeron 500MHz with 768MB of memory). Sometime in the
last week, the DB became corrupted (I noticed when yum update would hang).
	I've tried running rpm --rebuild with both the 2.6.18-194.17.4 and
2.6.18-194.26.1 kernels and get a segmentation fault each time.
	Consequently, I'm pretty much stuck and cannot do any update. Also, the
machine has a tendency to hang any time operations are done. I've
disabled some of the cronjobs that do this, but this is no way to operate.
	I would appreciate any input on where to go from here to try and
rectify the problem.

Best Regards,
Camron

--