[CentOS] Customizing Centos

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:37:05 UTC 2011

On 1/8/11 1:09 PM, derleader __ wrote:

> Ok thank you everyone. I have a second question.
>
> My business strategy will be based like Red Hat on selling support and updates
> to clients.
> The most comfortable way for the users will be only to install the made software
> on empty server and to start using it. To do this I need a way to let the client
> to enter serial key before installation like Red Hat does. Is tis source code
> available on Internet? Where I can find information how to make this on Centos?

Centos uses yum instead of RHN for updates, so you'll probably need something
different for this.  You  might look at whatever ClearOS is doing - they have
both free updates and a paid subscription support model - with mostly-Centos
packages under the covers.  Earlier versions imposed some limits on use in the
free version but now I think the subscription is more about extra
service-related features.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com