[CentOS] how to recreate eth0 - Realtek 8169sc

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Mon Jan 10 04:41:22 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Robert Spangler
<mlists at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 09 January 2011 13:33, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>>  Our intranet's WAN interface just stopped working yesterday, and I
>>  can't figure it out.
>
> Look in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.  There you should see ifcfg-eth#  If
> ifcfg-eth0 isn't there copy ifcfg-eth1 to ifccfg-eth0 and then configure
> ifcfg-eth0 to the information needed for your WAN link.
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Robert

The device file exists, but it's like asif the network card itself
doesn't exist.

[root at intranet ~]# vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 &&
/etc/init.d/network restart
Shutting down interface eth1:                              [  OK  ]
Shutting down loopback interface:                          [  OK  ]
Disabling IPv4 packet forwarding:  net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
                                                           [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:  r8169 device eth0 does not seem to be
present, delaying initialization.
                                                           [FAILED]
Bringing up interface eth1:                                [  OK  ]

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com