[CentOS] how to recreate eth0 - Realtek 8169sc [SOLVED]

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:31:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Lisandro Grullon
<lgrullon at citytech.cuny.edu> wrote:
> Tommy,
> I think your scenario only pertain to those of us that clone macs with
> different prefixes, we are assuming that rudi is using the original MAC from
> the actual device. Not two macs are equal unless you change the physical
> device parameters via mac-changer/modification. Let's hope he is not
> aliasing the original mac with a multi-fake mac group link to the
> original NIC.

I've also had kernel updates change the name of the module for the
NIC, and fail to detect or reload it successfully in
/etc/modprobe.conf. (Don't *GET* me goiing devices changing from
/dev/hda to /dev/sda, or switching numbering due to really poor vendor
patches.)