[CentOS] Bonding performance question

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 11 14:32:22 UTC 2011

> According to the Linux bonding docs, xmit_hash_policy=layer3+4 uses:
>
>    ((source port XOR dest port) XOR
>           ((source IP XOR dest IP) AND 0xffff)
>                  modulo slave count
>
> So I guess you could plug in in the above IP addresses and port numbers
> and see if you get 3 unique results?

 That's an interesting point - how exactly do you XOR these numbers?
 Bit by bit? And does 0xffff really mean 0xffffffff in this context?

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.