[CentOS] httpd LDAP auth module

aurf alien aurfalien at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 05:30:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com
> wrote:

> >I am looking at LDAP module for Apache httpd for authentication. The
> >'yum install' gives me 'mod_authz_ldap.i386 0:0.26-9.el5_5.1', whereas
> >on Apache documentation site I find mod_authNz_ldap module. Both
> >modules appear to be different looking at available directives. Any
> >clues or suggestions on which module should be used? Where can I find
> >documentation for mod_authz_ldap?
>
> Look inside your httpd.conf file, it will answer that one for you. RHEL's
> httpd
> supports ldap auth as shipped.

What I did in my httpd.conf file;

AuthName "Company"
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap1.company.com/ou=people,dc=company,dc=com?uid
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap2.company.com/ou=people,dc=company,dc=com?uid
Require valid-user

This brings up the apache dialogue window and does provide a good layer of
security as if you don't authenticate, you don't even get the URL to phish
for data.

- aurf