[CentOS] Kernel Errors Present

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Jan 13 23:30:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, compdoc wrote:

> To: centos at centos.org
> From: compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Kernel Errors Present
>
> Is it the ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Controller ?

Yes it is a card with that ITE8212 chip on it.

I had to reflash the BIOS on the card, to make it work in
standard IDE mode. There's one BIOS download for RAID
functionality, and another for 100% ATAPI functions. So it's
either a RAID card, or a plain IDE card. You cannot switch
between RAID functionality and standard IDE functionality
without flashing the BIOS on the PCI card.

I'm monitoring the drives performance, and waiting to see if
there are any more dma errors reported by logwatch. Nothing
so far in /var/log/messages :)

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net