[CentOS] Server reboots unexpectebly.

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Mon Jan 17 00:44:25 UTC 2011

Lisandro Grullon <lgrullon at citytech.cuny.edu> wrote:

> They are not on a ups at the moment since these boxes are being test. Do u think this could be a power issue?

Depending on the quality of your power, certainly it can be a factor.
We generally have good power, but it's been years since I've run any
system (even a test system) without a UPS because you never know when
you'll get a notch or spike that'll ruin your day.

Static discharge can also play a factor if things (or people) aren't
properly grounded.

Devin
--
"Did you sleep well?"   "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
							- Stephen Wright